PAST EVENT - How can we change the world of design for the better? | S/C with Devoted & Disgruntled | 10am – 2pm GMT
Time & Location
About the Event
As theatres open up, and the industry moves into a new era, we at SCENE/CHANGE wanted to extend and bolster our live events with an Open Space Zoom with the brilliant D&D team.
One thing that has come up time and time again in this era of mass isolation, is how disparate the design community already felt before COVID came. As designers, we often work alone, and rarely get an opportunity to talk to each other, bounce ideas around, and cross reference our experiences. In the last few months, we’ve felt a greater level of connection within the community.
We're determined not to go back to just passing each other in theatre corridors or bumping into each other at press nights, and to unite the community’s collective voice to work out what we’d like to change.
If you’ve got an idea for a better future, or just have a vested interest and want to hear what the collective brain is crying into the ether, it would be great to see you there.
The gathering will be run using Open Space, which means that there will be no set agenda and the participants will decide what they want to work on. You don’t have to be a designer to attend, just have a real passion for theatre, and specifically for the work of designers. Maybe you have a specific thought on how to revolutionise the designer fee system, maybe you want to talk about crowdfunding a 3D printer, or maybe you just want to check out different designer’s Zoom backdrops – no topic is off the table, so please join us for this exciting communal event!
As a famously reclusive community, this is a unique opportunity to be in a virtual room together, so book your free place now.
10:00am – 11:15am Opening Circle
11:15am – 12:15pm Session 1
12:15pm – 1:15pm – Session 2
1:15pm – 2:00pm – Closing Circle
- Download Zoom in advance (it’s free): https://zoom.us/support/download (no need to create an account - you can close the Zoom window once it's downloaded)
- When it's time for your event, go to the Qiqochat website via the event link.
- Select Create an Account or Join as Guest. If you're joining as a Guest, type in a temporary username and click Save.
- The page will refresh. Enter the event password ("design") and click Enter.
- Click Join the Event >> (big green button).
- Once you’re in the event, click Join Video for Main Space (green button in the top left hand corner).
- A pop-up will appear asking if you would like to Open Zoom Meetings. Click Open Zoom Meetings or OK.
- Zoom will launch and you’ll join the video chat for the Main Space. That's it!
We’ve also prepared a comprehensive guide that covers how to navigate your Open Space Online event in more detail (including instructions on how to use Zoom). Your facilitators will also explain how to use Zoom and Qiqochat at the start of the event, so there’s no need to read the Guide from cover to cover – it’s there if you need it! You can download the guide here: Open Space Online – A Guide for Participants (.pdf).