Please join in our open, informal conversations exploring and sharing our experiences in theatre making and beyond!
More events to be announced soon - let’s continue the conversation...
We are looking at providing access for these sessions, please contact us with requirements, so that we can try and put things in place. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mon, Nov 30ZoomPAST EVENT - Assistant and Associate - Job DescriptionsJoin us for a discussion between Designers and Assistants on these key support roles. What is the difference between an Assistant and an Associate? Let’s try to clarify expectations and formalise our job definitions in order to better negotiate fair rates of pay.
- Wed, Nov 25ZoomPAST EVENT - Scene/Change x The Video Code | Imagining New Working Practices | 3pm - 4:30 pmJoin us for a discussion about working backstage in theatre, existing hierarchies, and encouraging positive change in the industry, with focus on the collaborative process and video as a young discipline.
- Wed, Oct 28ZoomPAST EVENT Scene/Change x The Video Code | Holding Open the Door | 3pm - 4:30pm GMTIntroducing The Video Code, followed by a discussion on how can we encourage and support a more diverse workforce into the backstage industries, with a focus on access, mentoring and creating a sustainable career.
- Thu, Oct 15ZoomPAST EVENT - International Designers | 3pm – 4:30pm BST | Running time 90minsA follow up to our first successful International Stage Designers Zoom, and an opportunity to hear from colleagues across the globe on what is both shared and different about our lives and practice! Hosted by Wilson Chin, Soutra Gilmour, Rae Smith and Anna Fleischle.
- Tue, Oct 06ZoomPAST EVENT - NOT Back to Work? | Part 2 | 8pm - 9:30pm BST | Running time 90 minutesLet’s talk about not going back to work yet, or maybe ever. How will we cope with a diverging experience - when we’re not all in the same boat anymore? How can we foster and sustain the potential for mutual support within our community?
- Mon, Oct 05ZoomPAST EVENT - PAY - Assistant and Associate Designers | 8pm – 9:30pm BST | Running time 90 minsLet’s talk about PAY! Both Assistant and Associate Designers need their rates improving to fall in line with other theatre technical disciplines. Can we put together a transparent pay scale that protects a minimum wage?
- Thu, Jul 30ZoomPAST EVENT - Props Makers | 3pm-4:30pm BST | Running time 90 minutesAn opportunity for the diverse group that is Prop Makers to share and discuss their past experiences, their current situations, and how we could protect and improve these together when productions resume. Panel includes Claire Sanderson, Bronia Topley, Sharon Foley, Carl Taylor and Lez Brotherston.
- Thu, Jul 30ZoomPAST EVENT - Collaborators in Conversation: Designers, Producers and Production Managers | 11am-12:30pm BSTFollowing on from a full-hearted discussion between designers and production managers, we now invite producers into the conversation. Please join us for this discussion between three of the key roles in creating any production with attendees from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Tue, Jul 21ZoomPAST EVENT - Making Work Outside the Black Box | 11am-12.30pm | Running Time 90 minsJoin us for a discussion about creative process, action and collaboration beyond traditional theatre structures. Placing open-ended process at the centre of the conversation, we will discuss socially and politically engaged practice, self-initiated and participatory projects and creative collectives
- Fri, Jul 17ZoomPAST EVENT - Diversity in Wigs, Hair, and Make-up | 4pm-5.30pm | Running Time 90 minsJoin us for this session where we will be discussing Diversity in Wigs, Hair and Make-up and working with different Hair textures. Hosting will be Kamanza Amihyia, Giuseppe Cannas, Cynthia De La Rosa and Carole Hancock.
- Thu, Jul 16ZoomPAST EVENT - How to be Proactive! | 11am-12:30pm (GMT) | Running time 90 minsJoin us for a discussion with artists and makers from various disciplines who all have experience in creating their own work, to spark new ideas and help us broaden the way we work and the kind of work we make. Panel includes Stella Kanu, Kate Tiernan, Elena Thatcher, Hannah Davey, Harriet Darling.
- Wed, Jul 15ZoomPAST EVENT - International Designers | 3pm-4.30pm (GMT) | Running Time 90 minsJoin us for an informal zoom conversation to share experiences and thoughts on the current situation and looking to the future. Hosted by Scene Change with international guests including Oroon Das, Susan Hilferty, Michael Levine, Clint Ramos, Ilmur Stefánsdóttir, Donyale Werle and David Zinn
- Tue, Jul 07ZoomPAST EVENT - CHANGE OF DATE! | Video Designers | 3pm - 4.30pmUPDATED: NEW DATE 7th JULY AT 3PM Join us in this informal conversation between collaborators; to share experiences and thoughts on the current situation and the role of video design in post covid theatre. Hosted by Bunny Christie, Finn Ross, Andrzej Goulding and Will Duke.
- Thu, Jul 02ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins |The Way Forward? | 5pm-6.30pmThree leading directors, sound, set and costume designers discuss with scene change about how design can be part of the reimagining of the return to work in our theatres. With Roxana Silbert, Indhu Rubasingham, Erica Whyman, Max Ringham and Tom Piper.
- Thu, Jul 02ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Graduate and Emerging Designers | 3pm-4.30pmJoin us for this session for graduate and emerging designers to ask specific questions and join the conversion with agent Davina Shah (TEAM) and designers Max Jones (Equity Directors and Designers Committee), Lily Arnold, Catherine Morgan, Max Dorey, Emma Tompkins and Tom Piper.
- Mon, Jun 29ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Associate Designers | 8pm - 9:30pmConnect and share our experiences of working as Associate Designers. Participate in an exchange of ideas, how do we raise the visibility of the design roles. With Ruth Hall, Liam Bunster, Ros Coombes and Molly Einchcomb.
- Thu, Jun 25ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Production Managers | 4pm - 5.30pmJoin us in an informal conversation between designers and production managers. Share experience and thoughts on the current situation and to look toward the future. Hosts include Marty Moore, Alysha Laviniere (YV), Mekel Edwards (LIFT) and Kate West.
- Tue, Jun 23ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Set Builders | 3pm - 4.30pmJoin us in this informal conversation between designers and set builders as we all adapt to the pressures of "The New Normal". Hosted by Soutra Gilmour, Christopher Oram, Ben Stones, All Scene All Props, and Illusion Design and Construct.
- Thu, Jun 18ZoomPAST EVENT - CHANGE OF TIME! | Lighting Designers | 12.30pm - 2pmJoin us in this informal conversation to share experiences and thoughts on the current situation and discuss how we can work together as we look forward to the future. Hosted by Lucy Carter (as a professional Rep for ALD), Anna Fleische, Prema Mehta, Bruno Poet, Rory Beaton and Matt Clutterham.
- Mon, Jun 15ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Designers | 3pm - 4.30pmJoin us in this informal conversation to share experiences and thoughts on the current situation and how we can support each other as we move forward into the "New Normal". Hosted by Bunny Christie, Tom Piper, Rajha Shakiry and Rae Smith.
- Tue, Jun 09ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Recent Graduates | 3pm - 4.30pmJoin us in this zoom specifically aimed at current graduates to discuss thoughts around the current situation. Please only RSVP if you are a recent graduate so that we can tailor this chat to you. Hosted by Anna Fleischle, Ben Stones, Lizzie Clachan and Tom Piper.
- Mon, Jun 08ZoomPAST EVENT - Running Time 90 mins | Costume Supervisors | 3pm - 4.30pmJoin us in this informal conversation between designers and costume supervisors. Share experiences and thoughts on the current situation and look toward the future. Hosted by Kathrina Lindsay, Anna Fleischle, Rae Smith and Max Jones.